martes, 12 de julio de 2011

Sarah Jessica Parker (& Family) Do(es) Vogue Magazine August 2011







Sarah Jessica Parker's new August Vogue Cover is out, and the actress gave readers a peek into her happy home life. Her husband, Matthew Broderick, joined in on the accompanying photo shoot from Mario Testino, as did their three kids, James Wilkie, Tabitha, and Loretta.
Multitasking SJP will be back on the big screen with September's I Don't Know How She Does It, and the subject of maintaining a family and a busy work life is one she's familiar with in real life. Sarah Jessica spoke about her and Matthew's views on raising children, in addition to what concerns her about raising toddlers while in her 40s. She also spoke about her love of acting, as well as how she's different from her iconic role of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. Sarah Jessica said:
  • On her and Matthew's approach to parenting: "We don't have any live-in help. We're pretty hands-on parents. That's something that's important to both of us, and we don't shirk it, because what's the point in having a family if you're not going to really participate in it, you know?"
  • On not being like Carrie Bradshaw: "Bradshaw's life is nothing — nothing — like mine. I loved playing her, and it changed my life in lots of wonderful ways, but I'm not a crazy shoe lady, I don't think about fashion all day long, although I have a great respect for the industry. Every choice we've made has been different."
  • On being a parent to twins in her 40s: "I guess I think there are things about it that I hope have made me a better mother. I've had a lot of opportunities to do the things that I wanted to do, like sleep. I have slept till 11:00 for a lot of years. Honestly, the only thing that I'm concerned about is the energy: I hope I can maintain the energy. I think about all the years I've spent parenting James Wilkie and everything I put into it, and there are two of them."
  • On her commitment to acting: "It's kind of all I've known. I'm a bitter-ender. It's potentially my fatal flaw that I do not give up on something. I will not rest. I work and work and work until I can no longer and someone has to remove me from the premises."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario